Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Viola, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Viola, DE have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Which certifications or qualifications are important to look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reputation through online client feedback.
A dependable professional can supply a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess adequate communication skills and be able to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will contractors perform cabinet refinishing?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally numerous steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, all hardware will be removed, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, like scratches, dents, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase is critical to giving a high-quality result, and may require several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the final project meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing project will vary depending on aspects like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with anyone you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Viola, DE
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Viola, DE have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Viola, DE with confidence.