Find a Pro in Bartow, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much do painting contractors generally charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Is it a smart idea to prioritize interior painting for my property?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently feature dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to booking within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than an entire home, especially a big one.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a location with low labor costs. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Hire a Qualified House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Bartow, Florida
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Bartow, Florida, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides plenty of practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that collects all the important information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Bartow, Florida and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.