Find a Cabinet Painter in Bascom, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Florida // Bascom
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sleek look. Common wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the best one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's always tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Bascom, Florida, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Bascom, Florida Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
A quick way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Bascom, Florida fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Find all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Bascom, Florida confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.