Find a Pro in Brandon, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a wise idea?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What's the time of lowest demand for painters?
A major selling point about hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set time for a new coat, since every house differs from the other. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on factors such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services fall under the scope of a house painter?
Examples of the tasks an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional Home Painting Contractors Near in Brandon, Florida
When you want a good house painter in Brandon, Florida, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that organizes all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Brandon, Florida and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.