Find a Cabinet Painter in Brooker, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint is used for cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant look. Typical wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
What qualities do I look for in a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep phase a necessity before painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Brooker, Florida, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter in Brooker, Florida
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Brooker, Florida varies, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Brooker, Florida easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.