Find a pro in Chattahoochee, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Chattahoochee, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Chattahoochee, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Chattahoochee, Florida. Find the right contractor for your house today.