Find a Pro in Clearwater, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Does interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the season of least business for painters?
A major benefit to booking within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What's the average expense for labor when painting the interior of a house?
The price to paint the interior of your house depends on the dimensions of the space. One 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than the entire home, especially a spacious residence.
You can expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Vetted Home Painters in Near Clearwater, FL
When you need a reliable house painter in Clearwater, FL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also features plenty of useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that collects all the necessary information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Clearwater, FL and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.