Find a pro in Dania, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Dania, FL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Dania, FL, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Dania, FL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.