Find a pro in Davenport, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Davenport, Florida. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Davenport, Florida
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Davenport, Florida, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.