Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Daytona Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some positives of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is that similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the best option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Daytona Beach, Florida have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Daytona Beach, Florida
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Daytona Beach, Florida have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Daytona Beach, Florida with confidence.