Find a Cabinet Painter in Deerfield Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Florida // Deerfield Beach
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which variety of paint do you use on cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that modern appearance. Typical wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Check that any professional you hire provides written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep step a necessity when painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing cost of painting cabinets?
There are several things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Deerfield Beach, FL, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Deerfield Beach, FL to Bring Your Vision to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Deerfield Beach, FL varies, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Deerfield Beach, FL easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.