Find a Cabinet Painter in Eaton Park, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Florida // Eaton Park
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the style of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated look. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
What qualities should I expect in a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to begin is by knowing exactly what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by assessing their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I just paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are several things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Eaton Park, FL, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Eaton Park, FL to Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Eaton Park, FL varies, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Eaton Park, FL easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.