Find a pro in Estero, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Estero
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Estero, FL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Estero, FL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.