Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Flagler Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is it similar to cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Flagler Beach, Florida have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Flagler Beach, Florida
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Flagler Beach, Florida have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Flagler Beach, Florida confidently.