Find a pro in Hernando, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Hernando, Florida. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Hernando
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hernando, Florida
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hernando, Florida. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hernando, Florida. Find the right contractor for your property now.