Find a Pro in Homestead, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your painter could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average hourly charge for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, it does not include the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Can interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your home recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Having your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Expert Home Painters Near in Homestead, Florida
When you require a reliable residential painter in Homestead, Florida, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also offers many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that collects all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Homestead, Florida and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.