Find a pro in Homosassa, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Homosassa
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Homosassa, Florida
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Homosassa, Florida, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.