Find a pro in Horseshoe Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Horseshoe Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Horseshoe Beach, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Horseshoe Beach, Florida. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.