Find a Cabinet Painter in Indian Lake Estates, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
Is it hard to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to pop up after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Can I simply paint over my home's cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are many factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Indian Lake Estates, FL, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Indian Lake Estates, FL
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Indian Lake Estates, FL varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Indian Lake Estates, FL confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.