Find a pro in Interlachen, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Interlachen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Interlachen, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Interlachen, FL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.