Find a Pro in Islamorada, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should go with the general look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a superior outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to execute the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should a contractor to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
What steps are part of preparing a property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to conduct the job with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a clean area to work with, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
Can you provide an estimate of the cost involved in exterior painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your contractor is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you a free estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Islamorada, Florida
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Islamorada, Florida. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and background to provide high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's design with a fresh pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By recruiting a professional to handle the job, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly look for painters, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their level of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our free platform. It's systematic and easy to use for anyone to find the best candidates for the job near them. You can even direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painter who can offer you beneficial recommendations and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a newly painted house can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled exterior painter to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.