Find a Pro in Lake Placid, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the estimated labor price to paint the interior of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the overall size of the room. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a larger home.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a location with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
At what intervals should I arrange to paint the exterior of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior can be an extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
Since every house differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently bought a house, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It could be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are the services of a professional house painter?
Examples of the tasks a vetted painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do most painters charge by the hour?
Normally, a painter's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Therefore, that price does not include the cost of insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself.
Find a Professional House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Lake Placid, FL
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Lake Placid, FL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also gives many practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the important information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Lake Placid, FL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.