Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Worth, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some benefits to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years do cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Lake Worth, Florida have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Lake Worth, Florida
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Lake Worth, Florida have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake Worth, Florida confidently.