Find a Pro in Lakeland, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some advantages of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when considering the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your home recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best option for your home. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters see the slowest business season?
A major benefit to booking during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set time to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on other variables like where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It could be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What array of services will a residential painter carry out?
Some of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your service could then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Lakeland, Florida
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Lakeland, Florida, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also offers plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Lakeland, Florida and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.