Find a Cabinet Painter in Marathon Shores, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Florida // Marathon Shores
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what kind of paint I pick for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Typical wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the best one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Check that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up once the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Do I need to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's always enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the price of cabinet painting?
There are several things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Marathon Shores, Florida, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Marathon Shores, Florida
A smart way to increase the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Marathon Shores, Florida fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Marathon Shores, Florida easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.