Find a pro in Marathon, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Marathon, Florida. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Marathon, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Marathon, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.