Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Melbourne Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Florida // Melbourne Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Melbourne Beach, Florida have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Melbourne Beach, Florida
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Melbourne Beach, Florida have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Melbourne Beach, Florida with confidence.