Find a Pro in Melbourne, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual per hour rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a wise idea?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the impact on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint works to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the least busiest season of year for painters?
A major benefit about scheduling within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the average labor cost to paint the interior of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the dimensions of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a spacious one.
You can expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Vetted House Painters Serving in Melbourne, Florida
When you want a reliable residential painter in Melbourne, Florida, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that collects all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Melbourne, Florida and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.