Find a pro in Miramar Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Miramar Beach, Florida
If you need roofing maintenance services in Miramar Beach, Florida, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.