Find a pro in Moore Haven, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Moore Haven, Florida. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Moore Haven
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Moore Haven, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Moore Haven, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.