Find a Cabinet Painter in Nokomis, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Florida // Nokomis
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for home walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek appearance. Common wall paints will not stick properly to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
What features should I expect in a reliable cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the average cost for an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Nokomis, FL, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter in Nokomis, FL
An exceptional way to boost the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Nokomis, FL varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Nokomis, FL confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.