Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oldsmar, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some benefits to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Oldsmar, Florida have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Oldsmar, Florida
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Oldsmar, Florida have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oldsmar, Florida confidently.