Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Orlando, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Orlando, FL have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Are there some particular certifications or qualifications I should look for from a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and reliability through online client reviews.
A reputable expert can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How will professionals perform cabinet refinishing?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If they are, any hardware will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as scratches, dents, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing step is vital to giving a professional result, and could require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any parts can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing project may vary depending on things like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with anyone you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
What are some advantages of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Orlando, FL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Orlando, FL have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Orlando, FL with confidence.