Find a pro in Pineland, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Pineland
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Pineland, Florida
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Pineland, Florida. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.