Find a pro in Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Port Saint Lucie
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.