Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Shalimar, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years can refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Shalimar, Florida have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Which certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing contractor usually possess?
Though there aren't industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reliability through online client feedback.
A reputable professional can give a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing accomplished?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are usually numerous steps used to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any hardware will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like cracks, dings, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in careful, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing process will be crucial to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any hardware will be put back on and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project may vary based on things like the model of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Shalimar, Florida With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Shalimar, Florida have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Shalimar, Florida confidently.