Find a Cabinet Painter in Spring Hill, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited to the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated look. Common wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Is it easy to find an experienced cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any contractor you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up once the project begins that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Do I need to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's always enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are many factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Spring Hill, FL, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Spring Hill, FL Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A quick way to increase the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Spring Hill, FL varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Spring Hill, FL confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.