Find a pro in Sumterville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Sumterville, FL. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Florida // Sumterville
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sumterville, FL
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sumterville, FL, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.