Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Sumterville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you allow a competent contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets be refinished?
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is the best idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Sumterville, Florida have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Sumterville, Florida Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Sumterville, Florida have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Sumterville, Florida with confidence.