Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Tampa, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few advantages of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to change their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Tampa, FL have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Tampa, FL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Tampa, FL have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Tampa, FL with confidence.