Find a Cabinet Painter in Venice, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what kind of paint I pick for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that elegant look. Common wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
Is it hard to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget worked out while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Can I just paint over my present cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Venice, FL, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Venice, FL
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Venice, FL varies, but many homeowners still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Venice, FL confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.