Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Westville, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks can I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is the best project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Westville, FL have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Westville, FL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Westville, FL have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Westville, FL with confidence.