Find a pro in Andersonville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Andersonville, Georgia. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Andersonville, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Andersonville, Georgia. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Andersonville, Georgia. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.