Find a pro in Appling, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Appling, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Appling, Georgia, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.