Find a pro in Atlanta, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Atlanta, GA. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Georgia // Atlanta
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Atlanta, GA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Atlanta, GA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.