Find a Pro in Atlanta, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Georgia // Atlanta
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the square footage of the room. One 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire residence, especially a big residence.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in a region with low labor costs. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are some evident things to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
Since every house differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are the duties of a house painter?
Some of the services an expert painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What will professional painters charge by the hour?
The average painting contractor's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Atlanta, GA
When you need a good house painter in Atlanta, GA, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also features several useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that compiles all the relevant information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in Atlanta, GA and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.