Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Braselton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How regularly can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Braselton, GA have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing contractor usually have?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and reliability through online customer reviews.
A reliable professional should supply a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are followed for professionally refinishing cabinets?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the look of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, all gear will be taken off, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor issues, such as scratches, dings, and other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing phase is vital to ensuring a professional result, and may need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all hardware can be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the finished project satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing project may vary based on things like the type of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Braselton, GA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Braselton, GA have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Braselton, GA confidently.