Find a pro in Butler, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Butler, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Butler, GA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Butler, GA. Find the right contractor for your house right away.