Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Calhoun, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing compared to purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple technique to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences between cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Calhoun, GA have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Calhoun, GA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Calhoun, GA have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Calhoun, GA with confidence.