Find a Pro in Calhoun, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should flow with the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant shades that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a sleek varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
How costly is it to undertake an exterior painting project for a home?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services in Calhoun, GA
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Calhoun, GA. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and background to provide high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's appearance with a new pop of color that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently look for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to gain a solid idea of what they can offer. Browsing through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to find the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. You can also direct message contractors, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color scheme. Painting projects can increase your home value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to a knowledgeable professional to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.